Treasure Beach extend Tier II lead

Hopewell United defender Shaquile Brown (left) and Reno FC’s Clifton Woodbine battle for the ball in the Jamaica Football Federation Tier II match at Orchard Sports Complex on Saturday. (Photo: Paul Reid)

Treasure Beach FC of St Elizabeth extended their lead atop the Jamaica Football Federation Tier II competition after edging Meadforest FC 3-2 on Saturday, while contenders Racing United and Lime Hall Academy both suffered losses.

Wins by Tru-Juice FC and Albion Mountain saw them join Racing United and Lime Hall Academy in a four-way tie for second place on 20 points, five behind Treasure Beach FC.

A surprise loss by Reno FC away to relegation-threatened Hopewell United have all but knocked the Westmoreland-based club out of contention for a semi-final place.

Meadforest FC, who have lost back-to-back games for the first time this season and won only once in their last four outings, fell to sixth place.

Dylon Campbell gave Treasure Beach the lead in the 17th minute, but Justin Powell equalised in the 40th minute.

Shanoy Smith restored Treasure Beach’s lead in the 45th minute and they led 2-1 at the break before Meadforest’s Rushawn Oldfield brought them back level again in the 66th minute. However, Tedloy Parchment got the 86th-minute clincher for Treasure Beach, who have now won six-straight games.

Anton Rhule’s 50th-minute goal gave Albion Mountain a precious three points as they clipped Racing United 1-0 at Prison Oval as the home team lost their second game in three starts.

Lime Hall were surprised 0-5 by lowly placed Baptist Alliance, who were winning back-to-back games. Baptist Alliance have scored 13 goals over the two games after managing just six in their previous eight games.

Tamar Francis and Dominic Anderson both scored doubles for Baptist Alliance who crawled out of the relegation zone.

Tru-Juice are back in the top three after their 11-1 spanking of Downs YC as Tedj Bryan snapped his scoring drought with four goals. Damion Herrera scored three.

Falmouth United salvaged a point from the 1-1 result against Brown’s Town at Drax Hall. Kamali Powell scored a 73rd-minute penalty kick after Odaine Wilberforce had given the home team the lead in the fifth minute.

Hopewell United won only their second game, getting the better of Reno FC at Orchard Community Centre as they try to get out of the relegation danger.

Junelle McDonald fired Hopewell United ahead in the 36th minute, but Reno FC quickly restored parity when Jashane Foster flicked a backheel past goalkeeper Alrick Gillette in the 38th minute.

Hopewell United, however, reclaimed the lead in the 43rd minute when Bricky Wellington scored from the penalty spot after the Reno FC goaltender Tyrae Cummings fouled a Hopewell United player in the 18-yard box.

Kimarly Cope then added a third for the home team in the 63rd minute.

At Irwin High, Wadada United squandered a 2-0 lead after 18 minutes and had to hold on for a 2-2 draw against Portlanders FC. A win would have taken Wadada clear of the drop zone.

Keniel Woodstock gave Wadada the lead in the second-straight game when he scored in the 10th minute before Dave Lee added a second in the 18th minute.

Portlanders would rally in the final seven minutes of the game with Trivion Shoreg pulling a goal back in the 83rd minute and Cardiff McKenzie getting the equaliser four minutes later.

Source Link

About The Author


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *